We are looking for an Intermediate or Senior Environmental Scientist to join our team of experienced and skilled professionals in our Cranbrook office. We provide a supportive and engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, and integrity, with the opportunity to learn and apply the latest scientific approaches, gain analytical skills, and realize your career potential. Our compensation plan is competitive and there are great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an exceptional team of professionals dedicated to science-based, ethical environmental consulting, collaborating on fascinating and challenging assignments. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for:
- Designing, planning and executing ecological studies focused on fisheries and aquatic resources.
- Analyzing and summarizing field data using statistics and mathematical models to draw conclusions on environmental conditions and using these results, with inference to the scientific literature, to make defensible conclusions about the status of the environment and the potential effects of construction and operation of a variety of resource development projects.
- Documenting results in written reports and presenting the results to clients and stakeholder groups in regulatory meetings
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.Sc. or Master’s degree in a relevant environmental science discipline.
- Eligible for/registered in a recognized Professional Association are an asset.
- Multiple years’ experience in consulting and/or applied science position.
- Fieldwork background particularly in aquatic ecosystems, an asset and physically capable of working in streams, rivers and remote locations.
- Effective analytical and technical writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports and proposals.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic business with strict deadlines, budgets and quality standards
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, excellence, and ethics
- Effective time management, organizational, communication and inter-personal skills.
Job Type: Full-time