Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Physical Disability Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Psychology & social services tech. (Integration Agent/Educator/Specialized Education Tech./Social Work Tech./...)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal is currently seeking educators to fill several part-time or full-time positions at the West Montreal Readaptation Centre (WMC) in the Montreal area, covering our territory in the West, from Île Perrot to downtown Montreal.
The CROM is a rehabilitation center for intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and physical disabilities (ID-ASD-PD) whose goal is to promote the autonomy and quality of life of its users. The CROM provides services to users of all ages and their families. These services include, when necessary, accommodation in alternative living environments (e.g. foster homes, assisted living facilities, etc.).
We are looking for staff for our recall list to provide support in the adult sector of the DI-TSA-DP directorate. Programs include two (2) adult residential resources and socio-professional programs. The socio-professional programs include sheltered day programs and workshops, as well as integrated workstations. Focus in all locations is to help clients improve communication and self-regulation, as well as teaching work, social, and ADL skills to improve autonomy, social participation and inclusion of our clients with a diagnosis of intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and physical disabilities.
Do you aspire to make a positive change in the community? We need you!
As part of your duties as an Educator at CROM, you will:
- Tend to the education and re-education of beneficiaries, within an institution, according to the programs established in collaboration with the existing professional team, in view of rehabilitation/reinsertion of the beneficiary into society;
- Apply educational techniques by utilizing activities of daily living;
- Assist in the organization, development, and animation of program activities - such as modelling and teaching of life skills, emotional regulation, and anger management - in order to ensure learning and acquisition of adequate attitudes and behaviours;
- Observe and analyse beneficiaries’ behaviour, participate in the assessment of their needs and abilities, record their progress in the appropriate documents and establish the beneficiary’s program of activities;
- Supervise the teenagers while providing them with emotional support, and also manage crises.
By taking advantage of this great professional opportunity, you will enjoy these benefits:
- Extensive career development opportunities with the possibility of applying internally to permanent positions;
- Competitive salary to which bonuses can be added (from $24.05 to $34.97/hour);
- Four (4) weeks vacation after one year of full-time employment;
- Thirteen (13) statutory vacations and nine point six (9.6) sick days for a full-time year (full-time positions only; fringe benefits are paid to part-time employees);
- Participation with the employer in a defined benefit pension plan to ensure a reliable retirement income;
- Group insurance coverage (life, health, salary);
- Access to a free employee assistance program for employees and their families;
- Access to ongoing training (formal training, supervision, coaching, etc.).
- Holding an AEC or DEC in an appropriate discipline (Special Care Counseling, Social Services, Youth and Adult Correctional Intervention, Child and Youth Work) OR a Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Psychology, Social Work, Human Relations, Sociology, Criminology and Psychoeducation;
- Ability to relate to both French and English-speaking clients;
- Possess a valid driver's license and a car for travel is an asset;
- Availability required: 2 working shifts (day and evening) and one (1) weekend out of two (2).
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.