WHY JOIN US?
§ Opportunity to learn trades; welding, fabrication, pipe fitting, machine fitting
§ 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays
§ Paid overtime if evening and weekend work required
§ Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
§ Retirement Savings Plan matching
§ Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
§ Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With its comprehensive product and service offering, Thermogenics functions as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ steam and heating requirements.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora, Ontario, and maintains separate sales and service offices in Ottawa, Ontario, Cincinnati, Ohio and Jacksonville Florida.
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, Pipe Fitters at Thermogenics complete all threaded piping as well as general boiler assembly according to blue prints and shop drawings. This role provides assistance and service in support of other jobs in the Plant and provide guidance and training to General Labourers.
Pipe Fitting and Boiler Assembly
· Accurately read and interpret blue prints and drawings to independently execute jobs and tasks to specification.
· Ensure accuracy of drawings and layouts to drive operational efficiency and avoid the need to complete re-works.
· Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
· Cut, thread, and hammer pipes to specifications using a variety of hand tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threader and benders.
· Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings and related equipment, according to specifications. This may involve welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
· Inspect, examine and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
· Provide timely communication around drawing alterations and reworks.
· Work as a team to prioritize work orders and maximize efficiency.
· Monitor equipment for appropriate usage and temperature.
· Safely lift and manage the size and weight of materials and finished products throughout the process.
· Achieve production deadlines by communicating with colleagues in other departments to ensure on-time deliverables with minimal need for overtime.
· Identify any noticed imperfections or inconsistencies in work already completed.
· Other duties as required.
Safety and Professionalism
- Employ a safety-first mindset and contribute to a safe environment daily.
- Fully participate in all provided or required training sessions related to pipe and gas fitting.
- Provide professional feedback on received trainings and maintain an awareness of any expire dates related to training requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all safety training, policies, practices and procedures and consistently apply on the job to create a safe work environment.
- Monitor work environment for hazards
- Ensure proper use of personal protective equipment and the maintenance of engineered controls (e.g. guards).
- Report any potential hazards (e.g. faulty equipment) or potentially hazardous conditions to management immediately.
- Ensure good housekeeping in all work spaces.
- Other duties as required.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience,
- Hold a valid G2 Gas License or equivalent pipe fitter license,
- Accurate measuring and layout ability,
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings and technical bulletins,
- Ability to read and interpret manuals,
· Mechanically inclined with an ability to confidently use a variety of hand tools, and
- Knowledge of industry safety practices.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation:
This position is a full-time role with a three (3) month probationary period.
Hours of work are 40 hours / week and structured according to the plant schedule as follows:
Monday – Thursday 6:30am – 5:00pm
May also be from 6:30 am to 3:45 pm Monday to Thursday and 6:30 am to 11:30 am on Friday.
Occasional overtime (e.g. weekends) work may become available as required in the business and paid at overtime rates.
We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market and based on experience.
The role is entitled to 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays. We have a full benefit package and retirement savings plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
Our COVID protocols have been in place since March 2020 and include: social distancing, mask wearing and regular sanitizing.