At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Director, Individual Underwriting
Equitable Life is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join our Individual Insurance team! The Senior Underwriter plays a key role in risk assessment for both life and critical illness products. This position is critical to Equitable success, and is a great opportunity to work at one of Waterloo Region’s Top Employers while developing skills for the future.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Risk assessment and classification for life and critical illness insurance according to Equitable Life’s philosophy and standards
- Provide excellent customer service and build positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Maintain consistent accountability in quality and quantity of work with positive audit results
- Manage volumes of daily work independently to ensure service standards are met
- Comply with legislative requirements, consumer regulation and reinsurance treaties as they apply to privacy, disclosure and risk classification
- Provide expert customer service to agents and brokers including answering general inquiries, complex questions and reviews as well as negotiate fair offers from our reinsurers
- Contribute to continuous enhancement of underwriting processes and procedures
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- 3+ years of Life Underwriting experience
- Excellent customer service skills – proactive and service-oriented is key!
- Strong medical knowledge and understanding of non-medical risk factors
- FLMI / FALU designation or currently working towards
- Commitment to continuous learning and participation in education enhancement to remain current with medical knowledge and industry underwriting trends
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.