1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The SCCC Summer Student will assist with day to day operations in all Shoppers Cannabis Care programs.
Nature and Scope:
The SCCC summer student will serve as the medical cannabis patient’s primary point of contact, own patient issues from start to finish and will be responsible for end-to-end support for processing medical cannabis orders. They will answer incoming calls, make outgoing calls, respond to emails and web-based inquiries and other digital platforms from patients and health care professionals nationally across Canada. This will include general inquiries about products and services and helping patients through their medical journey. They will also process faxes/documents and complete administrative tasks relates to approving patients for medical cannabis.
What will you do:
What will you need:
- Quickly and effectively assess and resolve challenging situations
- Effectively learn and use the fulfillment software and available resources to meet the patient’s needs
- Identify gaps in process and areas for potential errors and suggest changes to workflow
- Understand and adhere fully to Cannabis Act and Health Canada regulations
- Demonstrate professional integrity and practice within legal requirements and ethical principles
- Working towards a post-secondary education in a related field
- Previous experience working in a Retail Pharmacy and/or call centre environment is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Must be comfortable working with Office 365 and SharePoint
- Strong ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Experience in using Cannabis fulfillment software an asset (training will be provided on specific platform)
- Maintains high ethical standards
- Commitment to providing exceptional Patient Support
- Performance driven and ability to multi-task
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Co-op (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.