Position: Health Information Management Professional
- NACRS Emergency Department Coder
Department: Clinical Information Services
Current Shifts: Days
The HIM Professional maintains the highest standards for health care data. The HIM performs coding and abstracting of health records based on established guidelines and standards as per national and provincial requirements. The HIM participates in health data quality activities and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate of a Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) approved Health Information Management programme
- Certified Health Information Management Professional(CHIM) and current member of CHIMA
- Minimum two years ICD-10 and CCI coding experience in an acute health care setting, with a focus on NACRS Emergency Department coding
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team, working primarily remotely from home
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills complemented by the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail_
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written_
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with colleagues and the hospital community
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
In pursuit of GGH’s vision of exceptional care, innovative partnerships and healthier communities, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of teamwork, respect, accountability, compassion to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24.81 to $27.60 /hour
- Certified Health Infomration Management Professional (CHIM) (Required)