Tungasuvinngat Inuit (TI) is searching for a skilled and experienced Service Coordinator to support the service mobilization and vendor relations of the Child First Initiative (CFI) program. The incumbent will act as a safeguard to ensure that all services remain grounded in Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (IQ), and that cultural safety is considered in relation to all services and interventions.
The incumbent will source and build a resource of service providers and suppliers that can be referenced by parents, workers, and other end users. The sourcing and retention of service providers, suppliers and Inuit-specific cultural services will help to ensure that services are authentic, accurate and culturally appropriate.
The Service Coordinator will support families and agencies by:
- Researching and identifying health support services and other specialized services and supports available by geographic area;
- Researching and identifying Inuit cultural service providers and suppliers;
- Implementing training for non-Inuit service providers in cultural competency and safety;
- Building relationships with service providers, contractors, and suppliers to ensure the best services possible for Inuit children; and
- Maintaining a roster of services and resources that is available to other organizations and individuals.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of product and service purchasing practices and knowledge of Inuit culture, values, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit and traditional practices.
Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, organizational and records management skills, and intermediate finance and budgeting skills are necessary.
The ability to work within a highly structured process environment, use computers (word processing, publication, data collection, e-mail and internet), maintain confidentiality and ensure client privacy, meet attendance requirements and work occasional evenings and weekends are requirements of the position.
A University or College degree in a related business field such as Materials Management, Purchasing, or Procurement. PMAC Certificate and/or S.C.M.P. Designation is considered an asset. Three (3) or more years of related work experience; previous experience in a purchasing position is preferred.
Knowledge of Inuit culture, values and beliefs and the ability to communicate in Inuktitut is an asset. An acceptable combination of related education and experience may be considered.
A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract as well an acceptable vulnerable sector check is required.
Salary and Benefits
- TI offers a competitive salary;
- TI provides paid sick, personal and family sickness leave days, and a comprehensive group benefits insurance plan which includes a 24/7 confidential Employee and Family Assistance Plan;
- Vacation (3 weeks/year upon hire); and
- Group RRSP.
Deadline for applications is August 14th, 2020
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
TI’s main office is located at 1071 Richmond Road, Ottawa which is conveniently located close to Britannia Bay, walking and biking trails and all major transportation access points. It is close to major amenities including gyms, malls, and restaurants. Parking is free on the premise.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.tungasuvvingatinuit.ca to learn more about our programs and services.
Preference in hiring will be given to qualified Inuit candidates, applicants are encouraged to self-identify. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector check and their employment will be conditional on results that are acceptable to TI.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
We thank all interested candidates in advance, but unfortunately, we are only able to respond to those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Materials Management, Purchasing, or Procurement.: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19