#### Job description
Qikiqtani Industries Limited (QIL) is a 100% Inuit-owned company of Qikiqtaaluk Corporation and provides Inuit owned industrial capacity to companies and developers in the Canadian Arctic with primary focus on the mining, oil, and gas sector.
QIL is seeking a housekeeping candidate for supporting our operations at the mining site. The ideal candidate for this position should be hardworking, energetic and experienced in housekeeping operation. This is a position of trust and discretion as housekeepers are frequently in the living spaces of site employees.
The candidate should be able to cooperate in a team environment and should be able to work with minimum or no supervision.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Complete and keep on their person a FLRA booklet during shift.
- Clean dorm rooms as directed; changing beds, washing floors, vacuuming carpets; cleaning washroom toilets, sinks, showers; dusting and sanitizing surfaces such as phones, tv’s, heaters, doorknobs, tv remotes, light switches; stocking paper products and removing garbage. Identifying potential fire hazards and maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Clean common areas such as gym, tv room, games room, board rooms, offices, hallways, washrooms, locker rooms, laundry rooms, lobby, boot rooms, smoke shacks, clinic, etc.
- Launder linen, launder PPE, fill water bottles, stock cleaning carts and stock janitor rooms.
- Vacuuming and dusting all room furniture blinds including hallways.
- Emptying garbage from all sleeping areas including trash and recycling collection.
- Follow time management guidelines such as shift start and finish and break times; task time targets as set by lead housekeeper.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out
- Food, Lodging / Accommodation / Internet and Phone provided free of charge
- Vacation Pay
- Travel Pay
- Group Benefits
- 12 hour shift, 3 weeks Rotation
- This position may require pre-deployment TB test, medical questionnaire, criminal back ground check, etc.
- Online BIM orientation as well as on site BIM and QIL orientations are required.
- Mandatory Uniform and PPE will be provided. It is recommended however that an employee bring their own safety (CSA green patch and orange patch for electrical shock) footwear as this is a very personal fit/preference.
- The Housekeeper is responsible to the Team Lead.
- Remote interview process
- Vaccination Required
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time