Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
Picking up and delivering clothing and small household items from Diabetes Canada donation bins that are placed out in the community.
Who are you?
You might be a handyman, laborer, contractor, sports club, small business owner, semi retired…..
Skills and Requirements:
- Empty donation bins on a regular basis (daily if required)
- Bag loose items as required (bags supplied)
- Ensure cleanliness around the donation boxes
- Complete drop box log sheets
- Transport goods to storage facility
- Meet Diabetes Canada Driver to load goods on truck
- Only applicants who own a large vehicle such as a van, cube van or pick-up truck will be considered
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have or be willing to get an HST #
- Contract position so hours are part time and flexible.
- compensation varies depending on volume of donations collected and delivered