Title: JTL Technical Inside Sales and Support Specialist
Based at: Dartmouth NS
Each and every staff member in Jastram Group has a responsibility to work constructively and cooperatively with every other member of staff to ensure that Jastram customers are served in accordance with Jastram’s mission, values, plans, policies and procedures.
The JTL Technical Sales and Support Specialist position is responsible for providing product and technical sales support for all JTL products and services to existing and potential customers so that the sales and customer support objectives are met or exceeded over time.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of JTL product lines, competing products and the needs of existing and potential customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customer base.
- Cultivate and create new customers for JTL products and services.
- Handle general enquiries for JTL products, and either resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Initiate and follow up on sales and service quotations.
- Provide complete information to JTL Order Fulfillment Specialists to initiate sales orders.
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities and successes with other JTL offices and team members.
- Contribute to the development of marketing, budgeting, sales and business development plans and tools as requested.
- Provide technical support for assigned products to all JTL offices as a Subject Matter Expert. This includes being the primary communications portal to vendors.
- Provide technical support for field repair supervision and commissioning.
- Travel up to 8 weeks a year to attend training, trade shows, customer meetings or to provide onsite technical support.
- Provide back up support to Order Fulfillment Specialist when required.
- Maintain and develop a computerized customer and prospect database.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Personal Situation: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to spend one or two nights away per month without upsetting domestic situation. Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Must have clean or near clean driving licence.
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing accounts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Ideal background would be in a marine related business support services;
Management Ability: Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting and managing support staff. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)