About Iqra School
Iqra School is a multicultural independent school located in Winnipeg. We recently moved into a newly renovated campus situated in the heart of the city. Our students are from various ethnic cultures.
About the Opportunity
Iqra School has an exciting opportunity for multiple teachers to join our elementary school. As one of our Teachers, your role will be to assess students and to provide guidance and encouragement for them while also developing education plans, lesson plans, and a relevant curriculum.
More specifically your responsibilities as one of our Teachers will include:
- Preparing, teaching, and assessing students on par with the Manitoba curriculum.
- Incorporating our culture and community activities into the curriculum and classroom teaching.
- Encouraging all students to participate and take part in school activities.
- Working hours are from 9 AM to 3:30 PM.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a valid Manitoba Permanent/Provision Professional Teaching Certificate. Being fluent in either French, Arabic, or Japanese is a major asset. You will need to provide a Child Abuse Registry Check as well as Police record Check which includes screening for vulnerable sector.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you will need to have knowledge of teaching practices. In addition, you will need to have excellent communication skills and a natural aptitude for bringing out the best in your students.
Contract length: 10 months
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.00-$26.00 per hour
- Are you currently living in Winnipeg, MB?
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Manitoba Teaching Certificate (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place