Take in gorgeous sunsets on the sandy beaches of Lake Huron, fish for salmon in the Saugeen River, hike trails through beautiful forests, and enjoy farmland that stretches as far as the eye can see. It will only take you a short time to realize that we value our heritage, respect the natural beauty of our environment, and enjoy our bucolic rural life style.
We also have the tremendous benefit of being a hospital partner to Bruce Power – which has embarked on one of the largest infrastructure projects in Canada with a $13 billion life-extension project that will continue through 2053, allowing its units to operate safely through to 2064.
South Bruce Grey Health Centre is a four-site hospital located in mid-western Ontario with locations in Kincardine, Walkerton, Chesley and Durham. We serve a community of 44,000 people, plus 10,000 seasonal residents and 30,000 tourists across our catchment area. Two hours from Toronto and London, and 90 minutes from Kitchener-Waterloo, all of our sites offer 24/7-hour emergency care. Other services include acute, coronary, obstetrical, surgical and a full range of diagnostic and ambulatory care services. SBGHC is complemented by four strong, vibrant and supportive Foundations, as well as an engaged Patient and Family Advisory Council.
Casual General Ultrasonographer
Applications are currently being accepted for a Casual multi-site General Ultrasonographer for the Kincardine site, with shifts also assigned to the Walkerton, and Chesley sites of the South Bruce Grey Health Centre.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with CMRTO
- Recent experience in a Hospital environment
- Proficient in Abd, OBS, small parts, Venous Doppler, Core Biopsy
- Ability to do carotid, arterial, NT, and shoulder exams an asset
- Advanced computer skills with PACS experience
- Ability to demonstrate quality imaging
- Proven interpersonal skills to successfully communicate with patients and staff
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of functions
- Able to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team
- Must be able to provide the flexibility and availability to meet the needs of the department
- Knowledge of and adherence to SBGHC Core Values (Leadership, Integrity, Excellence, Empathy, Accountability, Collaboration and Safety First)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at SBGHC through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Recent satisfactory performance with demonstrated excellence in attendance required.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health & Safety and infection control principles.
SBGHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SBGHC will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
Job Type: Casual
- Ultrasound: 1 year (Preferred)