CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain - the world’s largest building materials Company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. Saint-Gobain group is the leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as one of the best workplaces in North America.
For 113 years, CertainTeed has been synonymous with quality, trust, innovation, and service. Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. CertainTeed’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing, deck, exterior trim and gypsum board products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented HR Manager at our Mississauga gypsum board manufacturing facility. The position plays a key role supporting the team across various client groups at the facility and is seen as a vital business partner. This role will provide guidance to the business on talent inclusive of onboarding, performance management, conflict resolution, compensation, employee engagement, recruitment, employee and labour relations.
Our Ideal Candidate is…. business focused, a strong influencer, calm under pressure, a multi-tasker that sees all sides of the situation and is comfortable challenging implementation strategies. You use data and talent insights to influence your stakeholders to achieve overall Company results tied to plant performance and improving productivity. You excel at developing trust based relationships with leaders and employees and have considerable HR experience in a generalist capacity (5+ years).
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Perpetuate a culture of high performance through effective leader coaching and feedback
- Counsel leaders on the effective use of professional development plans, performance improvement plans, progressive discipline, and risk mitigated decisions
- Coach leaders on creating an environment where positive employee relations are foundational to the successful outcome of high employee engagement and retention in service of the successful delivery of business objectives
- Manages all labour relations at the plant, grievance handling and arbitration preparation, union negotiations participation
- Support the development of employee engagement activities with the team
- Manages STD, LTD, Workers Compensation claims and correspondence, and facilitates a safe return-to-work
- Partners with leadership and broader team on Continuous Improvement initiatives, most actively involved with the People Development Pillar and Cultural Development initiatives.
- Provide guidance on compensation decisions for lateral moves, promotions, off-cycle changes, merit, and market adjustments
- Lead internal investigations on employment related matters
- Interpretation and implementation of relevant employment practices (e.g. employment and human rights legislation, collective agreements, labour law, etc.)
- Keeps current on knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to the plant teams
- Partner and collaborate with broader HR team on Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree/diploma in Business and/or Human Resources complemented by related work experience in a human resources generalist role. Manufacturing business experience in a unionized setting is preferred
- Demonstrated experience building and supporting a people oriented workplace culture within a growing plant and supporting the overall growth of the Company
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and principles
- Knowledge and experience with relevant employment legislation
- Demonstrated consulting and coaching skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong problem solving skills and experience; and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Continuous improvement mindset- for example: analyze data and glean insight with respect to root cause
- Strong Proficiency- HRIS systems, MS office
- CHRP designation or in progress an asset
What we offer
Besides a great work culture where we work hard, we also have fun with various team-building events and regular companywide activities. We also offer the following:
- Total Rewards: comprehensive benefits & pension savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program and training programs hosted globally
- Some of our perks: wellness reimbursement, product rebates, pet insurance, volunteer paid time off
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Reference: CAN00450