We’re Hiring a Part-Time Bistro (Food Service) Team Member for our West Kelowna location.
Good People, Good Food
Do you love healthy, organic food?
Want to work in a fun environment that helps you grow and thrive?
Come to work at Nature's Fare Markets.
Our BC rooted stores, grounded in an unshakeable commitment to sustainability, offer the healthiest, natural and organic foods and supplements in seven communities in southern BC. In fact, our consistently high standards have earned us many awards and recognitions - including Retailer of the Year by the Canadian Health Food Association an unprecedented six times. We proudly support the communities in which we live and play and believe in becoming a source for good.
None of this is possible without the team of people who work here, full time and part time. You’ll find that we’re a different kind of company: we put our employees’ needs first, encourage innovation and creativity, and have fun on the job. We offer highly competitive wages and great benefits including sweet staff discounts, educational opportunities and a health spending account.
Come and help us build a better world together. Let’s be better together.
We would love to hear from applicants who understand how to deliver great service and have fun doing work that matters. If you enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle, love organic and natural products and appreciate the opportunity to support other people’s health and wellbeing, we want to know more about you.
In our Bistro, we are passionately creating delicious food made with carefully chosen organic, local sustainable ingredients: fresh produce, ethically raised and grass-fed meat and dairy, and products without additives or preservatives.
Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrées and an array of baked goods. And, of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Produce, prepare and serve our menu items, including specialty smoothies
- Using the ‘clean as you go’ method you keep kitchen area clean, tidy and organized
- Maintain an awareness of customers and assist in front-line service
- Help in the delivery and storage of food, prepare the displays attractively and inviting
- Keep the Bistro cooler clean and administrate the paperwork led by your Supervisor
- Give fun and prompt service to our customers
- Being passionate about the food we serve and sell, and actively learn about it and share your knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- In other words you will serve others, do right, drive value, do good, be safe and have fun!
- Food Safe I Certified
- You are service minded with experience of serving customers. Your passion for food brings joy in the service and products you serve.
- You have experience from working in a vibrant retail environment. You are flexible and seamlessly help make the work flow happen.
- You are confident and friendly in approaching and talking to people.
- Experience in food service or retail environment
- Experience going above and beyond for customers
- Minimum starting wage $16/hr
- Sweet store discount
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive. Apply online today!
Submit your resume with your cover letter telling us why you would like to join our team at email@example.com or click 'Apply' to complete your online application.
Nature's Fare Markets is an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. All applications will be reviewed and considered. We thank all applicants yet only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For other exciting opportunities, please visit our career page at https://www.naturesfare.com/join-our-team/
Nature's Fare Markets
May 29, 2020
Jul 29, 2020