Are you dependable, organized and have high attention to detail? Help our clinicians ensure they have the right supplies and equipment needed in order to provide exceptional care.
What you’ll do
- Move supplies throughout the hospital using a tow motor, pallet jack, hand carts, hand and vehicles.
- Transport supplies to hospitals and other sites.
- Maintain inventory supply with a computerized system.
- Load, sort, pick and place supplies onto transport and deliver throughout the hospital.
- Order, stock and rotate and process inventory.
What you bring
- Grade 12
- One year recent, related experience (inventory, stocking, replenishment, warehouse, supply chain, distribution, stores and merchandising)
- Valid Class 5 vehicle
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work well independently and with others.
- Organize your work.
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
When you work for the Hospital Replenishment and Distribution Team you will:
- Help us give our patients the best care by ensuring the clinicians have the supplies and special materials they need in order to do their job.
- Enjoy a great corporate culture, growth opportunities and the opportunity to make an impact on something big.
- Be challenged with diverse duties.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Status: Casual (on call) - Must be available to work on an on-call basis with no guaranteed shifts! Please note you are required to be available to pick up short call (1-5 hours of notice) and booked shifts.
- Hours and Days required: 7:30 – 15:30, Monday through Friday and Stats
- Location: Cowichan District Hospital - 3045 Gibbins Rd, Duncan, BC V9L 1E5
- Closing date: Open until filled
- Reference #: Cas096140
- Wage: $21.35 / hour +12.6% in lieu
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
- Respect * Compassion * Innovation * Cultivating Partnerships * Serve with Purpose *
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $21.35 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- stocking: 1 year (Preferred)