Our established and best rated organization - Qualicare offers services that focus on providing the best quality of life for our clients and peace of mind for their families. If you are passionate about making a positive difference in someone's life, come join our caregiver team of Excellence.
Our service areas are:
Burlington, Hamilton, Dundas, Waterdown, and Oakville.
Why should YOU work for Qualicare?
Personal Support Worker (PSW) Job Duties:
- Competitive starting wages updated for Jan 2020
- Work/life balance - flexible scheduling meaning you choose the day and time you want to work
- Company Wide Recognition Program
- Additional PAID Training Provided - Specialized care services training to help you meet the changing needs of the clients we service
- Continuity of clients and shifts (regular clients)
- Open Door Policy - Feeling comfortable with a team of professionals you can trust at anytime
- 24/7 Support to caregivers
- Provide personal care to clients as per care plan
- Engage clients with various games and activities
- Provide companionship, meal prep and light housekeeping to help our clients enjoy their home
- Accompany clients on outings
- Assist with medications
- Assist clients with transfers, ambulation and basic physio exercises
- Follow care plans and document progress notes
Personal Support Worker (PSW) Requirements
- Personal Support Worker Certificate or International nursing degree
- 2-3 years experience Dementia, Alzheimer's, Palliative
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Current Police Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Screen (within the last 6 months)
- TB testing (within the last 2 years)
- Ability to travel (between Burlington, Hamilton, Oakville and surrounding areas)
- Access to internet/mobile phone
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.