At Tutor Doctor we believe that learning is not a one-size-fits-all proposition,we believe education should be customized, not standardized. We want passionate educators that will bring a more customized learning experience to students across the globe.Our tutors take the time to understand the way students learn, and adapt their techniques to coincide with their needs.As a Tutor Doctor tutor, you're more than just a tutor, you're a mentor! You'll be a part of something bigger that will help you grow as an individual and in your career!
We are in urgent need of Tutors in the Richmond Hill area. We need tutors that can teach:
- Advanced Functions, Calculus, Statistics, Data Management
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- French Immersion
- Computer Science
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Travel to students' homes to conduct tutoring sessions.
- Schedule consistent weekly tutoring appointments with students or their parents
- Research or recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students' needs and goals
- Communicate students' progress to students, parents or teachers in written session report and in person
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have graduated from or is currently enrolled in post secondary education (graduates and undergraduates)
- A current criminal background check is mandatory to work in this position. Must be open to completing one if not already completed.
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience a plus, especially exposure to different learning styles.
- Access to a vehicle or public transportation.
- Must be available during peak hours (4:00 pm-9:00 pm)
- Must be available a minimum of 3 days per week during the school year
$17 - $20 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Richmond Hill (Preferred)