The Saskatoon Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations for Mobile Augers Saskatoon, as well as for company growth in the market. Responsibilities include managing daily drilling and operations, as well as business development/ client relations.
The Operations Manager is expected to determine and achieve branch goals; manage and plan projects; recruit, develop and lead staff; and ensure compliance with legislation, company policies, and health & safety policies and procedures; and ensure all paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to client service requests, ensuring service meets or exceeds client expectations while always upholding our commitment to working professionally and safely at all times. Offer the client solutions to their challenges, and become their trusted go-to person for all their drilling project needs.
- Prepare annual performance reports and confer with management to set quarterly and/or annual performance goals . Determine areas for new business – through existing or potential new clients. Foster positive client relations through face-to-face meetings and other types of communication as appropriate.
- Work closely with other branch managers to optimize client services.
- Complete Request for Proposals; ensuring documents are completed and forwarded in a timely manner
- Evaluate each project/site to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used – may be required to adapt or make changes to work schedule or equipment when necessary. Manage the planning and execution of projects.
- Responsible for the creation, monitoring and reporting on annual operating and cost budget.
- Manage the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for completion of project paper work and billing
- Hire and train new personnel
- Responsible for performance management of employees; including annual reviews and performance feedback on a regular basis
- Conduct regular safety meetings with project teams, and ensure our culture of safety is upheld and promoted throughout all operations.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications. Equivalencies considered:
- 5+ years geotechnical (not oil and gas) drilling experience
- Mechanical understanding / aptitude
- 2 years prior operations management experience an asset but not mandatory
- Proficient with Office software
- Understands health, safety and environment legislation
- Some business experience/ aptitude an asset
The following characteristics are essential for the successful candidate:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Group RRSP with employer-matching after three month probationary period, along with discounted banking privileges.
- Group benefits after 3-month probationary period, including health, dental and employee assistance plan.
- State-of-the-art equipment, including digitally-controlled drilling rigs
- Competitive compensation
- A family-run company culture based on our key values of integrity, honesty and ethical business practices.
If you are interested in this position and think you've got the skills we need, please send a cover letter and resume.
We sincerely thank everyone for their interest, however due to volume we will only contact those who are chosen for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- geotechnical drilling: 5 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)