Are you looking to be part of a continually growing and dynamic company that is a leader in the life insurance industry?
Canada Protection Plan is a Canadian owned and operated corporation that designs, markets and sells life insurance and related products with simplified underwriting processes that require no medical exams on many of our plans
Would you like to make a difference with the customers we serve?
We are driven to excel and our employees reflect this passion. Our company values include shared collaboration, career development and a friendly and open work environment. Canada Protection Plan offers this and more.
- Training and career development opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Family oriented and dynamic work environment
- Free parking
- Free coffee
The Underwriter will review and assess the mortality risk of life insurance applicants, providing decisions based on accepted underwriting principles and the company’s underwriting guidelines.
Duties will include:
- Review and assess the risk of life insurance applicants
- Review and analyze medical and personal information in a timely manner to classify risk and determine eligibility
- Provide decisions based on generally accepted underwriting principles and the company's underwriting guidelines
- Respond to email and phone inquiries
- Provide field training and conduct presentations for advisors/brokers
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience (life insurance preferred)
- Strong knowledge of life insurance (ALU and/or LOMA courses are an asset)
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills
- Dynamic presentation skills
- Team player and superior organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Bilingual in French and English (both written and verbal communication)
At Canada Protection Plan, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require an accommodation, Canada Protection Plan will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to all candidates with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Underwriting: 1 year (Required)
- French (Required)