Shippers Supply ULC is Western Canada's leading supplier of industrial packaging supplies and warehouse equipment. We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager in the Richmond and Delta territory. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Account Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for financial and market share growth by achieving or exceeding the sales and gross profit dollar targets set during forecasting sessions and expanding account base;
- Promotion and sale of packaging, warehouse equipment and supplies (through prospecting, cold calling and existing clients);
- Providing customers with information regarding new products, promotions, etc.;
- Collaborating with our manufacturing divisions to ensure product placement and applications meet customer needs;
- Addressing customer requests and complaint promptly and professionally;
- Conducting market research;
- Assist management in developing sales forecasts and offer recommendations for areas of improvement in Company strategies, markets, products, and service;
- Attending sales meetings;
- Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with existing and new clients;
- Participating in continuing education and stay abreast of developments in the applicable areas and on upcoming products and initiatives within client base;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of sales experience;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience an asset;
- Industry knowledge considered an asset;
- Valid G class license and access to vehicle;
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to identify and maintain knowledge of key contacts within the region and establish multi-level relationships;
- Proficient in using MS Office;
- Strong organization skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to develop key clients, agency and industry relationships at all levels;
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinking;
- Strong organization and time-management skills;
- Punctual, dependable, and reliable;
- Excellent teamwork and ability to work independently;
- Self-directed and self-motivated; and
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Shippers Supply ULC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested parties. Shippers Supply is able to offer accommodations to potential candidates and new employees during the recruitment and selection process and encourages individuals who may require accommodations to contact Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in Shippers Supply. Successful candidates will be contacted promptly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)