Poundmaker’s Lodge requires a full time employee who will assume the responsibility as a Receptionist. This is a very busy position and the successful candidate must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment as well as maintain boundaries with our clients. The overall objective is to assist creating a professional, healthy working environment by maintaining the main reception area. The responsibilities include managing the main reception phone system; managing clients restricted items during their stay, recording and monitoring when clients leave the centre, ensuring coordination with the van driver for client rides; enforcing PLTC treatment house rules; accurate documentation; maintaining inventory within a residential treatment centre environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Candidate will adhere to a weekly planning schedule, provide clear and accurate documentation, and maintain the functions of the reception area, in a professional and therapeutic environment. It is essential that the candidate be able to function in a multi-faceted environment. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for the general public.
- Grade 12 diploma and Office Administration training and/or 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience working within an Addictions Treatment Centre or Mental Health office
- Work within a First Nations, Metis and Inuit environment.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Maintaining confidentiality is essential;
- Strong organizational and time management skills are essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy skills are a requirement
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for work related duties;
- Criminal Records Check Mandatory.
- Demonstration of a healthy lifestyle.
Random drug testing may be administered. Salary will depend on experience and qualifications. The closing date for this position will be July 25, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to (no applications will be accepted without a cover letter):
Job Type: Full-time
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- St. Albert, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)