Up To $1000.000 Sign on Bonus for 1 year return of service
Facility: Mountain Lea Lodge
Location: 170 Church Street, Bridgetown Nova Scotia
Employment Status: Full Time and Part Time
Work Schedule: Mornings, Days, Evening, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
Union: Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union
Salary: $17.75-$19.17 per hour
Join Our Team:
“Your Home – Our Passion” is our guiding principle in providing the best quality of life for our residents in a home environment. We are committed to creating a caring community that treats our residents with respect and dignity at all times. Mountain Lea Lodge is made up of many talented and caring individuals who are committed to excellence. Our people are the heart of our community and our organization. Together we have established an environment that is a great place to work, develop and grow. Our staff are our greatest asset, we look forward to having you as part of our healthcare team.
Welcome To Bridgetown, Nova Scotia:
The Beautiful Annapolis Valley is a rich place to live and raise a family. We have great shopping and a strong technical infrastructure to help communicate globally. Combine this with our rural / agricultural setting and our great people, and you have a well-balanced region that makes living and working here a pleasure. Bridgetown has a State-of-the-Art Community School, which opened September 2018, for young families. Bridgetown is blessed with outstanding recreational facilities, including an arena, an outdoor swimming pool, a curling club, a lawn bowling club, tennis courts, soccer and ball fields, a riverfront park, an 18-hole golf course and a provincial park.
Directly responsible to the Director of Resident Care. The Continuing Care Assistant is to provide direct client personal care to residents in accordance with their individual care plans in order to meet the individual residents’ needs. Care is to be provided in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of Annapolis County Municipal Housing Corporation. Responsible for the supervision of staff in a fair and objective manner and in accordance with the Managing Unsatisfactory Performance Policy.
Daily tasks assigned by the Charge Nurse (supervisor):
· Assist residents with hygiene and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
· Assist in admission and in-house transfers as directed by the charge nurse.
· Answer resident call bells.
· Keep resident rooms tidy and organized.
· Clean and make beds, strip beds and room of discharged residents.
· Measure and record intake and outputs.
· Share in observing changes in resident’s condition and report observations to immediate supervisor.
· Following the completion of the in-house safe lifts and transfer program - provide physical assistance to residents in moving and positioning in bed, transferring in and out of bed, walking and simple ROM exercises.
· Collect samples as required (urine, stool, etc.).
· Perform routine charting as directed.
· Assist in preparation of deceased patient.
· Take temperatures (oral, temporal, axilla or rectal) pulse and blood pressure PRN).
· Be prepared to complete Alzheimer and Related Dementia Care Course.
· Attend in-service programs and other workshops.
· May assist in orientation of new employees.
· Develop and maintain good public relations with residents, staff and visitors.
· Be familiar with fire, personnel, EMO policies etc. within the home.
· Maintain a safe and supportive environment for all.
· Document and/or communicate changes in resident mood, behavior, or condition to all appropriate staff.
These duties are only basic and prime duties of the job, related and allied duties will be assigned from time to time as may become necessary to operate the home (i.e. cleaning closets, cleaning caddies, wheelchairs, Geri chairs, Roho cushions, disinfecting bed following death).
· Successful completion of an approved Continuing Care Assistant Course.
· Ability to work as a team member and foster collaborative relationships.
· Demonstrated commitment to quality improvements initiatives and evidence-based practices.
· Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and special attention to accuracy and detail.
· Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills.
· Demonstrated accountability and responsibility.
· Demonstrated planning, organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
· Committed to ongoing learning.
· Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
· Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment.
· Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
· Alzheimer Disease and Related Care Course an asset.
Equipment and Supplies Used:
- Usual nursing equipment and supplies as required for resident care.
- Supervisor or Assistant or Director of Resident Care.
Benefits for Full Time and Part Time Staff:
· Pension Plan
· Health Care Coverage
· Employee Assistance Program
Please apply by submitting a current resume or expression of interest to:
170 Church Street
Bridgetown, NS B0S 1C0
(902)665-4489 Ext 871
Please quote “CCA” on application.
Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Mountain Lea Lodge takes the safety of its residents and staff with the utmost consideration and following the direction of the Medical Director of Health, NS. Screening our staff, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, social distancing, as well as sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures are in place.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $17.75-$19.17 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Continuing Care Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)