Regular and Supply Positions
The Sudbury Catholic District School Board operates 18 schools across the City of Greater Sudbury and in the communities of Markstay and Killarney. Marymount Academy is an all-girls school unique in the region that is available to students in Grades 7 through 12.
Various schools are hiring including:
St. Charles School, Chelmsford, Holy Trinity School, Sudbury, St. Paul School, Coniston, Pius XII School, Sudbury
The Sudbury Catholic District School Board is hiring Regular and Supply Lunchtime Supervisors at various schools. Regular shifts are during the lunch period, one hour per day and are scheduled Monday to Friday. Supply shifts are as needed to do replacement work; there is no guarantee of hours. Lunchtime Supervisors help elementary students enjoy a safe, healthy and comfortable atmosphere during their lunch period. Under the direction of the Principal and/or Vice Principal, the Lunchtime Supervisor maintains order and discipline in designated areas within the school building and schoolyard. They may also assist with basic administrative duties, as assigned.
· Successful completion of grade 9
· Ability to effectively communicate orally in English
· Ability to communicate and relate with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
· Ability to contribute effectively to a team
· Ability to express a positive attitude and enthusiasm with students
· Ability to exercise good judgement, patience, self-control, and perseverance when dealing with students
· Ability to attend work on a regular and timely basis
· Physical requirements include frequent walking and standing, bending and manual dexterity
· Preference will be given to candidates that have previous experience working with children
Salary to be commensurate with recent related experience; salary range will be $16.01 to $19.80 hourly.
Interested applicants are asked to bring their resume and the names of two (2) references directly to schools of interest. Please visit our website sudburycatholicschools.ca for a list of schools including school contact information and location. Please note that a satisfactory police record check, Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment. Please contact the schools directly for further information.
Interviews will be held periodically as applications are received and reviewed.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment purposes.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information during the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $16.01 per hour