We are growing again and currently looking for Direct Support Professionals to work in our Supported Independant Living team for the Winkler and Morden areas. Hours range from 12 biweekly to 47 biweekly. This includes every other weekend and shifts during the week are often in the evenings and start/end times have flexibility.
The successful candidates will support individuals in their own home and assist in providing an environment in which residents can become valued members of the community through integration. This includes helping with budgetting, grocery shopping, community outings and more to help our individuals live as independently as possible.
The successful applicants must:
- have a genuine interest in supporting people with intellectual disabilities,
- be 18 years of age or older,
- have a minimum Canadian grade 10 education or equivalent,
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle.
- Be willing to take First Aid/CPR training and complete a Criminal Record Check.
- Complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience in meal planning, food preparation, organization and cleaning area assets.
- Be motivated and willing to work as a team and able to work independently
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Additional hours are available depending on the flexibillity of the candidates.
Resumes will be accepted until successful candidates have been selected. When applying, please specify your availability.
Send resumes via Indeed to :
PattyAnne LePage, CPHR
Director of Human Resources,
We would like to thank you in advance for applying for this position however, we will only be in contact with those applicants we wish to arrange an interview with.
Job Type: Part-time
- dsp: 1 year (Preferred)
- MB Drivers License (Required)