At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Roger Creative / TSC -Today’s Shopping Choice is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative individual to join our enthusiastic team of like-minded designers for a 1 year contract. Your thirst for quality work, current cultural trends, and all things creative is combined with solid design skills and an exceptional focus on detail.
You possess a strong eye for layout, composition, typography and photography. The role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, problem solve and self-motivate. This is a fast-paced environment and requires someone with experience and excellence in production work as well as original design—someone who is nimble, who is able to adhere to timelines and can pivot quickly. This role will carry a significant portion of production-based work but requires a designer’s mindset and creativity.
We are looking for someone who:
Education and work experience:
- Has a strong interest in retail and e-commerce with a knowledge of fashion, beauty, home, fitness and electronic brands.
- Will work effectively and collaboratively with a Creative Director, Art Directors and a team of designers executing industry leading designs.
- Has solid graphic design and production experience with digital/branding design background
- Possesses a strong portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with excellent use of typography, composition and image selection.
- Will maintain a consistent visual identity across all platforms while customizing per medium
- Delivers compelling designs that are on brand all within a quick turnaround.
- Flourishes while working independently or with a team and always bring an eagerness to learn
- Understands brand, brand standards and how to apply across all mediums
- Maintains a very organized workflow and complete assignments quickly and efficiently
- Is conceptual, strategic, collaborative, and embodies an all-around passion for creative
- Is flexible, open to change, critique and alternative design techniques
- Has the ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas state
- Is able to set and meet independent and group deadlines
- Is an effective communicator who can participate in design conversations with team, partners and clients
- Will embrace design direction to bring to life ideas/briefs and strategies
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design, Fine arts or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience working in advertising or in-house environment, with a strong understanding and foundation in design and production fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience in digital design, e-commerce, email promotions and newsletters.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects) HTML & CSS experience.
- Exceptional production experience; can design to any environment, size, scale, etc. and prep flawless files.
- Cross-platform design skills are an asset. (digital, print, video ).
- Knowledge of industry leading trends, software, media, user experience.
- Demonstrates attention to finer details of design.
- Excellent understanding of typography
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight timelines and rise to creative challenges under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and great time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction
- Able to shift priorities, multi-task, problem solve and complete projects as the work landscape shifts
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio website or attach a pdf with recent examples of their work.
Rogers Creative is an internal creative agency with 200+ professionals working collaboratively across Canada.
With deep roots in media, broadcast, radio, publishing sales – we offer creative solutions in the fields of branding, digital and social, motion and 3D animation, advertising, video production, retail design, wayfinding, real time live content, and end-to-end management of projects.
Not sure if you should apply for this role? Talk to your Manager or your HR Business Partner.
Length of Contract:
59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Up to 10%
Broadcasting & Creative
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
[[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Mississauga || [[mfield2]] ||