Hemlock Strata is established to manage the ongoing operation of 2 residential buildings located in the resort of Sasquatch Mountain in the Hemlock Valley, BC.
The Resident Caretaker will be a key member of the property management team and will look after two (2) residential buildings while living on-site. The building are Located beside Sasquatch Mountain Ski Resort in Hemlock Valley, the 2 buildings encompass 59 rental units made up predominantly of owner-residents. The incumbent will be involved in regular maintenance and on call responsibilities within a thriving and fast-paced residential rental environment
- Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting and vacuuming the Strata buildings common areas (hallways, stairs, entrances, lounges, games rooms, spa areas, etc)
- Monitoring, locking and unlocking some public areas early morning and late evening
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of facility equipment and perform scheduled maintenance repairs.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment and facilities, with Council direction and prior approval.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to council.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects that need be contracted out.
· Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
· Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
· Complete all necessary reports and records related to the property as required.
· Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required.
· Operate grounds-keeping power equipment and maintain external property, including annual sweeping of all parkades.
· Operate and maintain hot tubs and swimming pool to health authority standards.
· Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
· Troubleshoot, install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
· Initiate safety concerns and make judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
· Responsible for short-term planning and keeping council aware of decisions being made.
· Organize invoices, petty cash and accounts payable.
· Regular checks (every 3 hours) to Hot tub areas and Lounges during winter season to prevent vandalism.
· Wash room area to be checked for supplies and water accumulation on the floors.
· Complete several ground patrols throughout the work day. Notify council or owners for anything that seems not normal.
· All issues regarding buildings and owners are to be kept confidential and only discussed with Council members.
· Gather and sort Form K’s received by Rental Agencies and scan copies to Strata Management Company.
· Check fridges in both Lounges on Monday’s and throw away ALL food left inside, empty garbage and recyclable bins.
· Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
On an as required basis:
- Providing access, information and directions to contractors as required and directed by Strata council or Building Manager
- Performing minor maintenance repairs to the Strata buildings common areas and equipment
- Briefly answering call in the evening or on the weekends in case of emergency
- Being a resource to owners by helping them with their day-to-day needs
- Performing any other basic miscellaneous tasks that might be needed occasionally anywhere in the Strata buildings common areas
- Solid work history in any general maintenance, caretaking, or household role
- Janitorial and handyman/woman skills
- Being able to plan and prioritize tasks
- Excellent work ethic
- Sense of responsibility
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected situations
- Previous experience in residential or Strata building
- Some understanding of building mechanical systems
- Basic MS Office software knowledge
- Maintaining a positive and professional relationship with tenants/owners
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
Conditions of employment
- Eligible to work permanently in Canada
- Fluent in English
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license
- Being able to lift 30 to 50 lbs
- Being able to bend and reach to high/low places as needed
- Being able to keep track of all contractors on strata business by ensuring that all appropriate logbooks are maintained.
To apply for this position please submit a detailed resume and 2 references
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those who get shortlisted will be contacted via email and/or telephone. A copy of the caretaker’s agreement will be made available to applicants in the final stages of consideration.
Reference ID: HSLICT
Expected start date: 2020-08-17
Job Types: Full-time, Contract