Reporting to the Team Lead, Employee Records and Benefits, the Employee Records and Benefits Associate is responsible for administering all benefits programs, and collecting and interpreting employee information from managers/directors for new hires, terminations, job status/salary changes, and leaves. Enters relevant information into HRIS system and updates enrollment with Benefit Carriers as required. Liaises with employees, managers, HR, Recruitment, Payroll, Scheduling/Timekeeping to process, document and record employee data. Provides explanation and benefit interpretations to employees and/or stakeholders. Liaises with benefit carriers, other employers and governmental agencies, such as the Pension Corporation, regulatory bodies and professional associations to obtain information, clarify discrepancies, resolve problems and deal with employee concerns. Interprets and applies collective agreements and relevant policies.
- Processes accurate bi-weekly employee records covering all documentation related to new hires, transfers, terminations, leaves, status/salary changes, seniority and other relevant information
- Processes accurate employee benefits information, including enrolments, terminations and status changes that reflect employees request and/or contractual and carrier requirements
- Processes database queries/audits to ensure accuracy of employee records and benefits. Identifies audit discrepancies and provides quality improvement recommendations to the Team Lead
- Responds to employee/manager enquiries related to records, benefits and leave entitlements, investigating/analyzing problems and making necessary adjustments by liaising with Payroll, Recruitment, HR and other employers or governmental agencies
- Prepares a variety of correspondence to employees, including transfer, termination and leave letters, information related to benefit coverage, and self-pay benefit purchase
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline plus two to three (2 - 3) years recent related health care experience. Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and effective verbal and written communicate skills. Skilled in the use of computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs (MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio) and PeopleSoft is required.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs:
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.