Come join BC’s fastest growing grocery retailer in an exciting and challenging Data Analytics role!
Save-On-Foods is one of Western Canada's largest employers. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years largely due to our commitment to going the extra mile!
We are driven to meet the specific needs of each community we serve and have grown to become Western Canada’s premier grocer with four banners and more than 175 locations from British Columbia to Manitoba and the Yukon.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analytics Specialist (Merchandising) to join our team in Langley, BC.
Reporting to the Director, Data & Analytics - Merchandising, you will use all aspects of data & analytics, perform root cause analysis and create what-if scenarios for end-user manipulation.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with merchandising stakeholders to understand programs and information needs
- Working with IT and Senior Analytics Specialists to identify and integrate required data
- Creating in-depth technical analysis that identifies root cause issues and opportunities
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a post-secondary degree in a related discipline PLUS a minimum of 5 years of experience in data analysis, stats, SQL, Visualization, AB Testing, Predictive Modeling, Machine Learning. Experience in Microsoft Power BI is an asset.
- Experience working with Retail or Merchandising business Leaders to uncover business opportunities and formulate supporting hypothesis
- Experience performing in depth statistical analysis of merchandising programs and initiatives
- Experience data integration from various data sources including enterprise databases such as SQL Server, Exadata, Azure SQL DW, Snowflake, etc.
- Running AB Tests from working with business stakeholders to create hypotheses to creating control and test groups, to performing analysis and presenting facts
- Experience performing advanced analytics such as turnover modeling, survival analysis, customer segmentation
- Strong knowledge in data warehousing concepts
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, Informatica, Power BI, Microsoft Azure, and Qlik
- Organized with strong time management skills
- A skilled problem solver
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, a company pension plan, free access to our onsite gym, free parking, team member offers, and opportunities for development and career progression.
Save-On-Foods is an inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them.
If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact every day in our local communities, apply online today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program