Job Number: 82121
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Organization: Critical Care
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.5584 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.0799
Post Date: Jun 30, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jul 7, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Hamilton General Intensive Care Unit East/South 30-bed unit is a tertiary level critical care unit supporting multiple clinical programs including the Regional Programs for South Central Ontario. The unit provides specialized care to the neurosciences, trauma, medical, vascular, and surgical patient populations utilizing a multidisciplinary and collaborative team approach dedicated to the principles of patient-and family-centered care.
As a member of the healthcare team, provides clerical, administrative or business support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care. The incumbent functions according to the job description for Business Clerks.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. Graduate of community college secretarial or office administration program or equivalent or equivalent office experience
3.Critical Care services for Business Clerk or Office experience preferred.
4.Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 or demonstrated knowledge equivalent to the Medical Terminology Certificate 1and 2 acquired in a different Business Clerk position, which may be subject to testing.
5.Keyboarding 40 WPM, which may be subject to testing.
6. Demonstrated skill in use of Meditech, MS Exchange, MS Word, CCIS.
7. Knowledge of and ability to implement scheduling practices related to union and non-union staff
8. Demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply human resource policies and procedures, collective agreement language
9. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly.
10.Mathematical skills related to patient billing.
11. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, public relations and problem- solving skills.
12. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly.
13. Ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively.
14. Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of the position.
15. Ability to sit for long periods, repetitive reaching, repetitive bending.
16. Ability to work within a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
17. Ability to demonstrate that the candidate meets the qualifications of the posting.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement