Location: Kemptville, ON
Position: PSWs & RPNs – Permanent, Full-time or Part-time
Anticipated Position Start Date: May
Tired of living to work? Work to LIVE in beautiful Kemptville at our newly built, Southbridge Kemptville long term care home! The urban hub of Kemptville is an eclectic mix of small-town charm and big city convenience, with plenty of natural beauty and heritage architecture to admire. Offering competitive wages, Southbridge Kemptville is proud of our new state-of-the-art home (anticipated to open in summer 2022) and welcome you to join our team!
Personal Support Worker
· Assist in providing direct care for residents.
· Provide emotional and social support to residents/families, including palliative care.
· Work with multi-disciplinary team members to meet the needs of residents.
· Support your team!
· PSW Program Certificate or Diploma that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association.
· Has passion and heart for providing quality care.
· Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation require.
· Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents, and families.
Registered Practical Nurse
· Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians’ orders.
· Observing, reporting, and recording vital signs, symptoms, and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
· Organizing and directing functions and activities related to the provision of care to residents.
· Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff.
· Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care.
· Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
· A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors.
· Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
· Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties.
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills
Interested applicants should send their resumes through this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability-related needs and those whom need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview. To know more about Southbridge culture, please visit here.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent