DIVISION SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT & EQUIPMENT SERVICES
REPORTS TO: PARTS, LOGISTICS & WAREHOUSE MANAGER
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: NONE
Department Purpose/ Function
Implement strategies for the purchasing, logistics and warehousing of equipment, parts, products and supplies for the United Services Group of Companies
Organize, control and manage the day to day warehouse operations by receiving and shipping of parts, products, supplies and equipment in an efficient way in accordance with company policies and standards. Support the Equipment Service Department with the replenishment of parts nationally and inventory management. Support the United Services Group of Companies with the overseeing and delegating of all internal deliveries as well as third party logistics and small parcels.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Coordinate and carry-out efficient day-to-day warehouse activities.
– Ensure warehouse is maintained and clean at all times.
– Ensure accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products, supplies and equipment.
– Order and stock parts as approved by the Service Manager.
– Prepare and tag equipment for distribution.
– Implement cost reduction principles in all aspects of warehouse activities.
– Ensure proper and safe working conditions of work areas, grounds, tools and equipment and arrange for repairs/replacements as needed.
– Delegate, coordinate and prioritize internal deliveries to support the United’s operational departments.
– Availability to drive for deliveries and back-up for driver during absences
– Support national operations with the day to day management of 3rd party logistics and small parcels.
– Support purchasing, services and warehouse departments as needed.
– Support Procare with the management of warranty claims and supplier follow up.
– Maintain inventory control systems for parts, materials and equipment and keep inventory current at all times. Notify management of any inventory shortages.
– Recommend tools, fixtures, equipment or layout changes to improve work flow, productivity, and to enhance efficiency.
– Maintain proper housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
– Assist with the implementation/distribution of purchasing national programs. Ensure that workplace’s health & safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the warehouse and the contents.
– Arrange for regular removal and recycling of boxes, plastics, paper, etc.
– Support home office with facility management with the day to day operations of the facility.
– Miscellaneous administrative duties as required.
– Perform all daily functions in alignment with company mission, vision, and values
– Work in compliance with Health & Safety policies and legislation, and take every reasonable precaution to protect the health and safety of all employees and business partners
– Adhere to and enforce compliance in all company policies, procedures, MTO, Highway Traffic and labour laws
– Protect company assets from damage and misuse
– Perform other related duties as may be required by the nature of the position or as requested by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements and Expectations
– Be available to address Customers, suppliers, employees or subcontractors needs and concerns in a timely manner
– Ability to work effectively with ERP Packages (Salesforce)
– Ability to promptly solve problems as they may arise
– Ability to support a 24/7 environment and work flexible shifts including occasional weekends
– Safe driving habits and a clean driver’s abstract
– Effective organizer and strong time management skills
– Solid knowledge of inventory control systems.
– Operational knowledge of warehouse equipment as well as Parts, tools, storage, cleaning equipment, etc.
– Detail-oriented with good judgment and initiative
– Ability to function well with minimum supervision
– Customer oriented, reliable and trustworthy
– Computer proficient – MS office products and Salesforce
– Strong oral and written communication skills to prepare reports and informal communications with staff members
– Work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
– Display solid follow up skills
– Able to multitask and manage multi project or programs and support United’s operations after regular business hours.
– Delegate work as needed.
– Some College education or other technical training or relevant work experience.
– Warehouse Experience
– Parts Replenishment Experience an asset
– Inventory management experience
– Forklift training certification
– Logistics Experience an asset