The Picker / Packer will provide support to the Delivery Dept. by assisting with pick, pack and material movements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transfer materials between the finished parts locations as This may involve the use of a forklift or crane.
- Pick, pack and prepare spare parts order for shipping
- Prepare and package assembled tools for
- Pick from inventory locations to assembly work
- Maintain sufficient stock of consumables and non-inventory accessories for assembly builds by monitoring and communicating purchasing request to the Assembly
- Clean and prepare parts prior to Magnetic Particle
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating tools and parts as per established
- Assist contractors and Assembly Technician II personnel as required with tool builds, ensuring appropriate process is
- Perform data entry on inventory transactions (when required), ensuring a high degree of
- May assist with Shipping and Receiving activities that includes using the forklift to move parts/goods on designated
- Keep shop floors and work areas clean at all times and promote good housekeeping practices.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to all Health and Safety and Quality Management
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge of, or experience working in a shop or plant work environment is required. Experience in packaging products would be preferred. The incumbent must have a mechanical aptitude, the ability to work in a self-directed manner and strong interpersonal skills along with a high degree of initiative. Basic computer skills are required. Must be fully proficient in both stand-up and sit-down forklift operation. Previous experience operating cranes would be a definite asset.
Conditions of Employment: Physical Demands
The ability to work in a moderately physically demanding environment is required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes: regularly lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs., walking for long distances, standing for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting, performing repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, and occasionally working outdoors in inclement weather (year round)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Inventory management software: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift Operation: 2 years (Required)
- Parts picking and packaging: 2 years (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)