About us: The Care Group is a Coquitlam based, residential care provider owned by the McIntosh Family. TCG operate seven care homes including: Point Grey Private Hospital, Braddan Private Hospital, The Oxford Senior Living + Care, The Mayfair Senior Living + Care, Lakeshore Care Center, The Madison and Sidney Care. We work as partners in care with Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Fraser Health Authority and Vancouver Island Health Authority, providing government subsidized residential care facilities to seniors. We also provide care to unsubsidized private pay residents. The Care Group is committed to high quality, patient-centered care and constantly strives to improve performance. We are guided by the needs of our residents; the focus is placed on enhancing the quality of care by treating the resident as an equal partner in his or her care. We believe in the right of every individual to live with dignity, self-esteem and respect.
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen and are looking for an experienced and passionate Dietitian to support our team at Sidney Care Home.
The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience in a long-term care setting, can give direction for clinical assessment of resident nutritional status and special dietary requirements and provide recommendations to the Executive Chef for menu planning, food service analysis and therapeutic diet preparation and service.
If you have health care industry experience, strong customer service skills and a passion for helping a team in making a great tasting food, we would love to hear from you.
Shifts: 8 hrs a week
Key Activity Summary
- Interview each resident within the first two weeks of admission, then annually, or as required to determine preferences, allergies and therapeutic requirements.
- Develop therapeutic and special diets according to resident requirements.
- Include documentation of resident interviews and annual assessments in residents' charts.
- Inform the Director of Care and Food Services Manager of any special requirements or changes to residents' nutritional status.
- Provide written documentation for the Inter-disciplinary care planning meetings and attend when requested.
- Contribute to the care plan for each resident, documenting dietary needs and requirements.
- Provide documentation on the quarterly MDS assessment for each resident.
- In conjunction with the Food Services Manager, ensures that the nutritional and therapeutic requirements of the residents are met.
- Represent the interests of the facility when communicating with health care professionals, community workers, staff, families, visitors, and volunteers.
- Participate in policy revision and development.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Dietetics and completion of Dietetic Internship.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of BC (CDBC)
- Minimum of one year's experience in the food service field and at least six months in a long term care facility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with health care professionals, community workers, staff, volunteers, families and visitors.
- Current Food Safe certificate.
- Current Restricted Activity A certification.
- Active membership in related professional association.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Type: Contract
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Dietitian (Required)