Who is GeoStabilization International®?
GeoStabilization International® (GSI) develops and installs innovative solutions that protect people and infrastructure from the dangers of geohazards. We specialize in emergency landslide repairs, rockfall mitigation, and grouting using cutting edge design/build and design/build/warranty contracting. GeoStabilization International is the leading geohazard mitigation and bridge rehabilitation firm operating throughout the United States, Canada, and Australia. Our expertise, proprietary tools, and worldwide partnerships allow us to repair virtually any slope stability or foundation problem in any geologic setting.
GeoStabilization’s culture is unique. It is fast-paced, family oriented, innovative & decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared towards constant challenges and will suit people who are driven to succeed, are not afraid to make decisions and those who are courageous and resilient enough to find their own way and believe that “good enough” isn’t good enough. Everyone working at GSI is a representation of pride, integrity, hard work, skill and overcoming challenges. GSI’s team includes some of the brightest and most dedicated professionals in the geohazard mitigation industry. We are a highly functioning family of gritty, hardworking, real men and women who aren’t afraid of getting dirty to get the job done.
What You Will Do
As a Rockfall Technician Superintendent working for GSI, there is no typical day and the scenery changes often. You will be working outside with your hands in a wide variety of climates. This is the perfect career for someone that does not want to work in a traditional setting like a warehouse or office. This is hard work. This is gritty work. It will be some of the best and most rewarding work you will ever do because you will have a hand in saving people’s lives. When GSI hires you, we believe we are hiring the next leader and everything we do is about setting you up to be personally and professionally successful. This is a career opportunity with significant advancement depending on your personal effort and willingness to learn our business. Additionally, we offer the best total rewards in the industry. We share our success with a meaningful profit-sharing plan plus Extended Heath Care options such as hospital reimbursement, paramedical practitioners, emergency travel assistance, second medical opinion service, an employee assistant program, prescription drug assistance, Dental, Vision, a company paid Basic Life and AD&D plan as well as a matching RRSP.
What You Need to Bring
- SPRAT or IRATA 3 is required
- Top hammer and DTH pneumatic drills experience required
- Mesh and catch fence installation experience required
- Scaling and grouting experience required
- Previous rockfall mitigation experience desired
- Ability to work at heights required.
- The ability to travel at least 3 weeks out of every month
- Prior mountaineering, rope training or rappelling experience will move you to the front of the line.
- CDL or ability to obtain CDL preferred.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Installing various rockfall mitigation systems
- Heavy rope work including repelling and use or helicopters when the job calls for it
GeoStabilization International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- rockfall mitigation: 1 year (Preferred)
- top hammer/DTH pneumatic drill: 1 year (Preferred)
- IRATA/SPRAT 3 certification (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required