SUMMARY OF POSITION
A member of the Operation Management group, this position is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Manager by ensuring a high level of service, safety and security to the public and other Corporation staff through the efficient management of parking facilities managed by the Corporation. Collaborates and co-ordinates functions with fellow Managers and Supervisors, customers, City of Vancouver departments and outside contractors as appropriate.
- Performance of normal, day-to-day maintenance functions and repairs at parkades including but not limited to doors, railings, light bulb replacement, fences; patching potholes and walls; painting; and special project work as assigned.
- Manufacturing and/or fabricating various security and parking enclosures, including but not limited to, light welding, and producing cement bases and concrete repair.
- Performing general landscaping duties as they relate to the various lots under the control of the Company, in response to recommendations made by the Supervisor, Quality Control & Maintenance, and Manager, Maintenance.
- Ability to use and operate hand and power tools.
- Maintaining concise inventories and accurate record keeping of materials within the Maintenance Department (lexan, cement mix, sheet metals, etc).
- Reporting maintenance requirements and taking proactive action to repair any such deficiencies.
- Providing logistical support to ensure quality operations of the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively independently in a diverse working environment; effective problem solving skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High school diploma/GED Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Coordination experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings
- Possess a valid drivers license
- 40-hour work week with flexibility occasionally required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Work both indoors and outdoors
The technician, Light Maintenance may be required to work extended and often irregular hours on occasions. He is expected to consistently participate as a productive member of the Operations Management group and deal with other management and staff, members of the public, contractors and City of Vancouver staff in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Secondary School (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- BCDL (Required)