Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
Under the direction of the VP of Logistics, the Operations & Logistics Manager - East is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day processes, resource optimization and systems development related to regional growth, branch operations, client pickup, and dispatch. Key tasks include implementing operations changes and directing logistics personnel across the region to create a lean process improvement. This position will oversee all branches and the logistics activities within the East region with the main operations centers in GTA and Montreal. The individual acts as the dedicated liaison between the Regional Managers and all related Chit Chats departments.
Leadership - Oversee the management, communication and training of the logistics and operations team and different levels as well as allocate resources according to changing needs and demands
- Regular communication with Leadership team to ensure alignment of goals, project progression and timely delivery across the region
- Lead and support the team in developing, documenting, and implementing policies, processes, procedures and changes
- Maintain monthly and year end metrics and statistics and reports as requested
- Act as a key department stakeholder in collaboration with other key stakeholders during inter-departmental strategic meetings and planning
- Collaborate with other heads of departments to develop and implement processes
- Implement framework for and conduct regular quality checks on processes including packing, consolidation, transportation and receipt of goods
Branch Operations and Fleet Management - Responsible for collect, sort and movement of all domestic, U.S., international and return shipments in the East region.
- Proactively anticipate problems. Act as the escalation point, working with stakeholders and partners to mitigate issues before our clients are impacted and escalate as needed
- Analyze, optimize, and coordinate cost-effective methods of transportation, and operation to fulfill the needs of clients and physical branch locations
- Regularly analyze sort, shipping and receiving Standard Operating Procedures to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Oversee client pick-ups and plan efficient and timely routes, recommend transportation modes and equipment
- Oversees maintenance of fleet and related equipment and ensure all personnel operating fleet vehicles do so according to all traffic laws and company policy
- Coordinate with the compliance department to ensure customs compliance of all cross-border clearance with both CBP and CBSA
7 Years relevant experience and educational background in Logistic, Transportation, Supply Chain Management.*
- University degree in logistics, supply chain management or related field
- Experience in dispatching, resource optimization, coordination, and planning to meet client needs and reduce operational expenses
- Expertise in technology and software in support of logistics and fleet management
- Understanding of rules and regulations of cross-border shipping and ability to assist in resolving any issues that might arise in the process
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff from entry-level to management positions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in a dynamic fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Team player who is willing to help develop the team, processes and protocols
- Strong working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Flexible work schedule but candidates may require occasional travel within the region.
Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).*
- To learn more about us, visit our website: chitchats.com
Job Type: Full-time