Do you have experience working in a commercial or in plant printing facility? Do you have experience in using a digital printing press, offset printing press or bindery equipment? If you said yes, keep reading. We are looking to hire experienced digital printing operators who have strong attention to detail, experience with print production and are available to work shifts that range between 6-2PM-11:30AM-7:30PM located in Langley or Vancouver General Hospital. If you meet the above requirements and want to create an impact in health care we would like to hear from you!
The Printing Operator is responsible for completing customer requirements and requests for colour and black and white reprographic printing services by utilizing current printing equipment and computer software
What you’ll do
- Follow work orders for each request, set up machines, check proofs, scan and manipulate documents as required, run job, ensure client specifications are met, and deliver final output.
- Utilize current digital, and large colour and black and white reprographic equipment and digital workflows to produce various printing jobs as requested by clients.
- Perform a variety of bindery duties such as drilling, collating and folding.
What you bring
- Grade 10 plus three years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Relatable Experience: working in a commercial or In Plant print shop, printing company dealing with business and reproduction.
- Experience with Digital and Offset printing presses, bindery equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Casual (On call with no guaranteed hours),
Location Vancouver General Hospital and 8521 - 198A Street, Langley
Hours and Days Monday through Friday, 6-2PM and 11:30AM-7:30PM
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment
Reference ID: 106043E-2353461
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.94 per hour
- Graphic Design: 1 year (preferred)