Accounts Payable Clerk
Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high-speed internet services in rural/remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end-user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
As a member of our growing accounting team, your responsibilities will include coding, processing, and reconciliation of all accounts payable. This position requires high attention to detail and strong organizational skills. This is a full-time position based out of our head office in Calgary, Alberta (hybrid).
- Process a high volume of accounts payable invoices in a timely matter.
- Generate weekly payment runs and miscellaneous payments as required.
- Set up and maintain vendor accounts.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Reconcile bank statements, credit card statements, and GL accounts.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Update and maintain reports and spreadsheets as assigned by senior management.
- Perform tasks including filing, scanning, copying, and other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, integrity, confidentiality, and ability to problem-solve independently.
- Post Secondary diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an Accounts payable position
- NetSuite experience is an asset but not required.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels of the company.
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to gain experience and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you are committed to delivering results and making a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.