Employment terms: Full-time
Location: Chepstow, Ontario
Preferred Education: PCI Level II Plant Quality Control Technician or equivalent
Preferred Experience: 5 years in Precast Plant
Fritz Alder Precast is a leading fabricator of structural and architectural precast concrete products with a history of supplying superstructure, industrial warehouses, stadiums, manufacturing facilities, commercial buildings, agricultural, nuclear storage, residential and other building projects. We have fabricated a great many complex, and prestigious projects, where quality assurance is a necessity.
MNL-116 and MNL-117 require that plants that produce products with prestressed reinforcement, have at least one PCI Level II certified technician in the plant during production.
The Quality Controller will be responsible for overseeing quality control (product and processes) in the day to day operations of the plant. They will plan, direct, supervise and implement quality control activities in compliance with applicable company and CSA standards and programs, prepare quality control procedures (work controlling documents such as those documented in the Quality System Manual) and review other department procedures for compliance with quality control requirements. Provide necessary outgoing correspondence to insure compliance and/or correctness. Perform internal/external audits to insure quality control requirements are implemented or maintained to company standards. Perform inspection of work in various disciplines as required (Pre/Post pour checks, NCR etc.). Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent knowledge of a structural and architectural precast quality control department. Excellent supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills are essential. PCI Certification II would be an asset.
The Quality Controller will demonstrate an ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work; they will be a team player willing to work with management, plant and site staff and other third parties to resolve scope of work, schedule and deliverables issues that are affected by QC decisions; they exhibit a detail oriented manner with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications are essential.
· The Quality Controller will be responsible for plant adherence to the Quality System Manual;
· Ensuring ongoing CSA certification of plant and continuous improvement;
· Ensuring QC lab is fully equipped, cleaned and maintained;
· Ensuring all personnel involved in quality control are trained, and informed of company policy;
· Oversee batch plant quality control;
· Ensure that the products fabricated are in accordance with the project requirements, building code, CSA requirements and client contract;
· Generate and process inspection reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically transmitted to the Business Development Manager;
· Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and fulfilling the needs of the client;
· Develop mix designs and trial batches;
· Specify, document, and inspect repairs to precast;
· Verify casting bed set-up;
· Oversee QC employee coordination, evaluations, discipline and training;
· Help ensure safety.
Some walking, balancing, standing, turning, climbing, stooping, crouching, and reaching.
Some lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 35-50 lbs.
Physically capable of performing QC/maintenance/mechanical activities for a sustained period of 8-10 hours per day.
Indoor and outdoor work, Monday through Friday, with some overtime work required including some Saturdays.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Required to wear a hard hat (or bump cap), steel-toed boots and safety glasses while working in our plant and in the yard.
Gloves, ear plugs and respirators as needed.
Competitive Salary, Group Benefits Scheme.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- Quality Control: 1 year (Preferred)