By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground breaking medical device for the minimally-invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
As our Biomedical Algorithms Engineer, you will join Kardium's Cardiac Mapping team in designing, developing, and evaluating algorithms to turn raw data into actionable information for physicians. You will support the development of 3-dimensional maps used by electrophysiologists during cardiac ablation procedures, using a wealth of electrical, anatomical, and spatial information as inputs. You would have the opportunity to bring your creative and innovative ideas to help Kardium achieve its goal of helping improve people's lives.
Please note, we are filling multiple positions on the Cardiac Mapping team. The deadline to apply for this posting will be Friday, October 13th.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Apply scientific investigation methods to drive product innovations in mapping and navigation algorithms
- Design, implement and evaluate algorithmic approaches to meet clinical needs related to navigation, electrophysiology, and ablation
- Systematically analyze large multivariate data sets of electrophysiological, anatomical, spatial, and procedural data
- internal software tools for large multivariate data sets of electrophysiological, anatomical, spatial, and procedural data
- Act as an independent problem-solver, finding ways to connect customer-facing deliverables to appropriate technical problem statements and solutions
- Design experiments to evaluate the performance of new algorithms
- Supplement algorithmic analysis with occasional hands-on, benchtop data collection
- Advance Kardium's intellectual property by contributing to our patent portfolio
- Communicate experiments, analyses and results to teammates and senior leadership
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people's lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Prior experience in research or development within a high-technology field. Experience with algorithmic design and/or medical devices is an asset.
- Prior experience with object-oriented programming, especially for data analysis. Emphasis on MATLAB, Python or Java. Experience with source control is also an asset.
- Experience with programming for data analysis. Emphasis on MATLAB or Python. Experience with object-oriented programming, software version control, and Java are also assets.
- A strong motivation to produce correct, clear, and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of foundational topics in applied mathematics including calculus, linear algebra, and statistics
- Familiarity with a selection of advanced topics in applied mathematics that support clinical algorithm design. These topics could include:
- Signal processing (e.g. Fourier analysis, FIR and IIR filters, wavelet analysis), especially biosignal processing
- Three-dimensional tracking/navigation, point clouds or computational geometry
- Machine learning (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction) and/or optimization
- Multivariate statistics
- Image processing, medical imaging, or computer vision
- Effective written and verbal communication of technical subject matter
- Knowledge of cardiac electrophysiology is an asset
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people's lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees' careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!