Our vision is to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through prudent management of public facilities.
BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Sports Hall of Fame, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia.
We're looking for a dedicated, team-oriented member who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and who is committed to providing exceptional customer service to our clients and guests. If you are interested in making a difference and contributing to world class events go to bcplace.com and select more information under “Working at BC Place”.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance, and repair of all mobile equipment at BC Place Stadium. They will ensure that all equipment is safe to operate and undergoes all mandatory testing and safety inspections as per Worksafe BC guidelines. This position carries out repairs to other building mechanical systems as required. This position will assist Maintenance Technicians with repairs to building fit and finish as and when required.
- Maintains and repairs mobile equipment such as lifts, forklifts, tow tractors, and various other types of electric carts (ie: golf carts);
- Ensures all mandatory safety inspections are completed on time and in line with Worksafe BC regulations;
- Maintains and repairs other mechanical systems such as overhead doors, operable partitions, dock levelers, man doors, and hardware;
- Inspects, maintains and repairs other building mechanical systems as required;
- Makes repairs to fit and finish of building as required;
- Decides to isolate critical pieces of equipment based on operational and safety conditions;
- Analyze and resolve technical concerns and perform maintenance duties as required;
- Provide service excellence to internal and external clients;
- Carry out duties efficiently in scheduled time frames;
- Follow all safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment. Adhere to the stadium health and safety regulations, including Health and Safety regulations and company policies;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of post-secondary training to a Trades Qualification or equivalent industry experience;
- Mechanic or Millwright license preferred;
- Valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license;
- Varied experience in building maintenance, electrical systems, mechanical repairs, troubleshooting;
- Solid understanding of operating and maintenance manual procedures, BC Building Code, Safety Standards Act, ASHRAE, and other related regulations;
- Proven familiarity with tools of the trade and safe working practices;
- WHMIS certificate an asset;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including ability to carry out duties from work orders;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and others working at BC Place;
- Proven self-starter with exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Be able to handle assigned tasks and stressful situations including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, long periods of standing, ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs, ability to work at heights;
- Fall protection, scissor lift, forklift training/certification an asset;
- Welding experience an asset;
- Driven by service excellence.
The hourly rate for this position per collective agreement is $34.49.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications and requirements should submit their cover letter and resume via our careers page by Friday, November 17, 2023. www.bcplace.com/careers
At PavCo, we are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.