POSITION TITLE: Financial Administrator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time / Management / Out of Scope
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
NOVA HOUSE is an emergency and transitional shelter for women and children experiencing domestic and or family violence. Nova House is a non-profit organization that relies on external funding to provide sustainable services to women and children offering 24-hour, 7 day a week accommodation to help support and empower women to live free from abusive.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and in accordance with Nova House’s mission, vision, goals, policies and procedures the Financial Administrator will adhere to the values and mandates of Nova House and support the strategic direction of the organization. The Financial Administrator holds responsibility for the administrative and financial duties of the entire agency/thrift store that support the delivery of shelter services for a non-profit organization, in collaboration with the Executive Director, and Board of Directors. The Financial Administrator is responsible for performing administration/management duties and managing the entire accounting functions of the organization. The Financial Administrator will ensure that the assets of Nova House and Twice Over are properly preserved, protected and accounted for.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Effective Communication, Patience and Perseverance, Reasoning and Decision Making, Motivation and Initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
You are collaborative, creative, and passionate about working with the community. You have the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and related experience:
- MANDATORY – experience working in a non-profit organization
- MANDATORY – completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or business administration.
- MANDATORY – minimum 3-year experience in full cycle accounting
- PREFERENCE will be given to applicants with an extensive experience in QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of hourly and salaried payroll
- Highly competent in the use of office productivity tools including Microsoft Word/Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision
- Clear Criminal Record and Adult/Child abuse registry check.
- Understanding of community-based programming and funding parameters
*This job requires a valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: ***YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR SALARY EXPECTATIONS WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday