Real Estate Appraiser
Business Information: Enns, MacEachern, Pace, Maloney & Associates Inc. (EMPM) is a well-established, full service real estate appraisal firm in Eastern Ontario. The appraisers of the firm have many years of service, are accredited and have a wide expertise in all areas of appraisal work.
Note: Telecommuting will be required during the pandemic.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
- Appraise value of property and buildings
- Prepare appraisal reports for lending agencies and insurance companies
- Prepare appraisal reports for government departments
- Prepare appraisal reports for courts, attorneys, and creditors
- Prepare appraisal reports for buyers or auctioneers
- Inspect residential improvements to collect information regarding the physical, legal and economic aspects of the property
- Prepare appraisal reports, including all the relevant information gathered in the previous inspections.
- Research data market and general industry information, that allows the team of appraisers to have a more clear and specific overview of the residential market
- Accept new work orders from the different clients which the company serves, addressing the type of service to be provided and the turnaround time for each request
- Respond to quote requests from our clientele, helping in the process of negotiation support and business development
- When there are not any inspections, the candidate must perform some administrative/office activities, related to fields such as market research, new business development, customer service and finance
- Perform comparative sales research and analysis
- Review and interpret plans, agreement of purchase and sale and other legal documents in order to gather the information required to complete an appraisal report
- Take part of external networking events in order to connect with real estate market participants
- Until the COVID-19 health crisis passes: responsibilities of the chosen candidate may be adjusted according to the situation.
- A candidate must have a university degree, as it is a prerequisite to the Appraisal Institute of Canada for membership.
- Certification required: the worker must be registered with the Appraisal Institute of Canada as a Candidate member and be willing to obtain a CRA and AACI designation as soon as possible.
- Knowledge of various real estate database such as Ottawa Real Estate Board and Kingston Real Estate Board, is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset.
- It is important to emphasize that the applicant for this job position must have availability to work in the Greater Eastern Ontario Region on a regular basis
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized, analytical and motivated; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Work at a fast pace
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Decision making, delegation skills, leadership ability
- Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- A valid driving license is required
Salary: Salary is based on a commission split to be negotiated depending on qualifications with an annual guarantee for the first year, subject to quarterly reviews during year 1 and continuing during the mentoring period.
Benefits: Mileage bonus, camera and computer will be provided
Important Information: Work schedule: Monday to Friday
The job requires flexibility due to the company receiving appraisal orders from different lender, which has a very narrow time frame to complete. Consequently, the worker should have disposition to travel and complete some orders at any time. We will also give flexibility and have security measures for the worker during the pandemic.
Contact: Donna Lee O’Farrell
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent