Retail Partner/Merchandising Representative – Victoria Area
Join our team of talented, passionate, and dedicated professionals in a fast-paced, growing environmentally conscious company. Located on beautiful farmland in Delta, BC, our head “office” is a fantastic, renovated farmhouse with scenic views of our lush gardens and fields. We care about each other and what we do and are looking for an experienced individual who shares our Values of supporting community, diversity, nature, organic principles, and inspiring joy.
The successful candidate will be a positive, independent, self-starting individual who possesses strong interpersonal skills. Your strengths will lie in your ability to genuinely engage with our team, provide excellent customer experience, contribute positively to the organizational culture.
West Coast Seeds believes, first and foremost, in the principles of organic growing and sustainable agriculture. Namely, we feel that food and all plants can be grown without the use of synthetic chemicals and that the seeds we supply are an important component within the broader approach to organic gardening. We support growers as custodians of the land they grow on — however large or small — and through adopting organic gardening techniques such as composting, companion planting and planting pollinator-friendly plants, we help repair the world by nourishing the soil and ourselves.
Founded in 1983, West Coast Seeds’ purpose was to source and supply seeds of a higher quality than had been available to home gardeners. Following the traditions of organic farming and gardening, the focus was on offering untreated seeds suitable for organic growing. Today we offer over 1,000 varieties of untreated, non-GMO, open-pollinated and hybrid vegetable, herb, and flower seeds, as well as a wide range of unique bird feeders and quality gardening supplies.
- Service existing retail accounts delivers, cleans, and fills display racks, Growing Guide catalogues, and installs seed displays
- Does regular inventory counts to monitor sales of retail seeds deliver seed orders and restock and tidy displays as required
- The most crucial aspect of Retail Merchandising is representing the company. The organization and cleanliness of displays is essential to our business and should be the number 1 priority
- Collects custom orders from Retail Partners and delivers them along with completed Count Sheets to West Coast Seeds Retail Partner Co-coordinator for processing
- Works with Manager and Retail Partner Co-coordinator to organize daily work schedule to call on existing or potential new sales outlets
- Loading vehicle with seed orders, displays, and catalogues required for the day’s route
- As the public face of West Coast Seeds, reps are responsible for building and maintaining productive, open, and cordial relations with Retail Partners, their customers, and the general public
- Reps must have a good working knowledge of West Coast Seeds products and operations to be able to answer questions posed by Retail Partners or the public during the performance of their duties. Must have detailed knowledge of the WCS Growing Guide
- Keeps management informed of issues, inquiries, and market intelligence gathered during conversations with Retail Partners
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; making recommendations to management
- May be required to pick retail orders for delivery
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Attributes and Skills:
- Knowledge of Customer Service principles and practices
- Background/experience in gardening, farming, horticulture, or related product knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a positive & professional manner.
- Enjoys collaboration and teamwork
- Good computer skills, with experience using order entry software and a multi-line telephone system
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work in a busy environment
- Able to problem-solve, multi-task, and organize workloads
- Knowledge of marketing and inside sales would be a definite asset
- A good driver with a valid clean driving license and own Vehicle
- Physically able to lift and carry displays and 50-pound boxes
- The opportunity to participate in community & educational events promoting organic growers & supporting gardeners and learn about our community and organic gardening
Participate in a culture of charitable giving, where we support numerous charities both financially and through seed donations and donate upwards of 6,000 lbs. of fresh produce annually.
Application Deadline: 2021-03-01
Expected Start Date: 2021-03-08
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- merchandising: 1 year (preferred)