North York, ON/ Richmond Hill, ON
As an Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for analyzing samples from various sources according to our established procedures.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in synthetic organic chemistry, bioorganic chemistry or similar technical program with an emphasis on analytical chemistry.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of NMR and MS and analytical methodology and separation techniques.
- Solid knowledge and experience using analytical techniques and instrumentation such as: Thin layer chromatography, melting point, nuclear magnetic resonance, optical rotation, gas chromatography (GC), high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), Karl Fischer, mass spectrometry, elemental analysis and various wet chemistry techniques.
- Able to interpret and report analysis results in accordance with applicable procedures while adhering to strict guidelines of documentation and reporting.
- Order chemicals and laboratory supplies as required.
- Appropriately dispose of waste solvents and maintain compliance with all health and safety standards.
Working at TRC
Our employees are our best resource! TRC ensures safety always comes first. Our commitment to safety is imperative to delivering high quality products. Our employees also enjoy 100% company paid competitive medical and dental benefits, subsidized corporate gym membership with Good Life Fitness, Monday to Friday, and business casual dress code.
If you are interested in being considered for the above position, along with your resume please submit the following documents, indicating the position in the subject line:
- A short cover letter highlighting your experience and fit
- Current reference list
- Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.
Job Type: Full-time
- Analytical Chemistry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)