Schurman Concrete , a division of OSCO Construction Group, is currently seeking a qualified individual for its Summerside, PEI location. The position available is for a seasonal, full-time Ready Mix Truck Driver. A typical season would run 7-9 months of the year. Salary starting at $21.05/hour.
- Safe delivery of ready mix concrete to construction sites
- Safely unload concrete
- Maintaining log sheets and performing pre-trip safety inspections
- General cleaning and maintenance of truck
- General cleaning and maintenance of the plant and yard
- Other duties as required
- Class 3 driver’s license with airbrake endorsement
- Commercial driving experience preferred
- Excellent customer relations
- Flexibility in work schedule (some early mornings and late evenings)
- Previous Ready-Mix experience not required but considered an asset
Schurman Concrete offers an impressive total compensation package, including Health and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, paid training, and a variety of other employee programs, including a Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.