Program Manager - Eastern Ontario
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of local students? Are you interested in working with dedicated volunteers who share their knowledge and experience in the areas of financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship? Can you help share JA’s role and impact with companies and organizations in Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry and Prescott-Russel? Are you looking for a role where you can help prepare and inspire the next generation? If you answered yes, then the Program Manager role at JA is for you!
JA-NEO, previously known as JA Peterborough, Lakeland, Muskoka, offers financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work readiness education to students across Northern and Eastern Ontario. As a registered charity, the purpose of JA is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a network of industry, government, and education partners, JA-NEO delivers programs to more than 6,000 students in grades 3-12 every year.
We believe our success in achieving our mission depends on the quality of our people and culture. At JA, we prioritize work-life balance and making employees from all walks of life feel welcome. The job offers remote work opportunities and flexible scheduling.
The Program Manager - Eastern Ontario is responsible for booking and coordinating a set number of JA programs per year. Key duties include educator relations and program registration; volunteer recruitment, training and stewardship; data entry and reporting; and relationship development with a wide range of stakeholders. The Program Manager is also responsible for identifying and pursuing potential local donors to support program delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruiting student participants, community partners, volunteer mentors, class-based educators
- Coordinating all aspects of program delivery (asynchronous and synchronous elements and fully virtual events)
- Virtual training, registration, on boarding and off boarding of all stakeholders
- Act as an ambassador for JA in the area by treating partners with the utmost respect and maintaining a high degree of professionalism
- Work with local businesses and school communities in your area to encourage educators, businesses, and individuals to get involved with JA
- Develops and implements an operational plan to achieve several performance objectives (primarily program targets and sponsorships)
- Networks within the business community for the purpose of recruiting volunteers and building partner and donor relations
- Identifies and pursues potential local donors
- Other duties as required.
- The successful candidate will work from home, but we are looking for candidates who reside in the area of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, or Prescott-Russell.
- The salary range for this role is $23.00 per hour for 25-30 hours a week to start. A review of this will take place after three months.
- This role is a contract position from September 2022 – June 2023 with an office shutdown taking place during the December holiday season and March break.
Required Skills and Experience
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience an asset
- Training or teaching experience/qualifications an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and/or education sector
- University degree in education, business, commerce, or related field would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Positive and results-oriented with strong ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience using Salesforce is an asset
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Bilingual is a requirement
The successful candidate will be on a 3-month probationary period and may be entitled to benefits after the probationary period. All benefits will be discussed during the interview.
JA-NEO is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. JA-NEO will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status (being in a parent-child relationship) or any other grounds prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful candidate must undergo a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to John McNutt, President and CEO, JA-NEO.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: From $23.00 per hour