Oxford Learning is a nationally recognized and respected brand with a proven track record for improving student academic and life success. Our mission is to provide students with the literacy, numeracy, and study skills necessary to become independent, lifelong learners. We do this by creating tailored programs and content delivery methods that address each student's academic, behavioural, and cognitive needs which results in a completely personalized educational experience.
Oxford Learning - York Mills is looking for committed, reliable and enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with students in Grades 1-8. Our Elementary Core Programs offer individual support to students looking to improve their academic skills and study habits. Our students are working to develop either their reading, writing and math skills. you will use Oxford’s own proven, proprietary curriculum and materials so very little prep time is required. You will also help students with their homework and help them prepare for tests/exams throughout the term.
A great candidate for this position will possess the following skills:
- Certified Teacher or currently working towards it or equivalent experience
- First hand knowledge and experience of the Ontario school curriculum.
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills
- Strong math skills up to grade 8
- French an asset
- Dynamic, upbeat and energetic personality
- Upbeat and motivates children
- Strong ability to organize, problem solve and multi-task
- Lives within an easy commute of York Mills.
- available to begin at 4 p.m. Monday to Friday evenings plus Saturday mornings.
- Available mornings during school summer vacation an asset.
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Expected start date: 2021-06-22
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Thorough sanitization of centre everyday. Used table and chairs re- cleaned once a student finishes and another is coming. Hands sanitized, masks worn. Each person entering the centre is asked about exposure to anyone with Covid and Temperature checked.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19