Rex Pak Limited a leading dry food blending and packaging co-manufacturer located in the East end with over forty years of expertise in the food industry, packaging has become an art form.
The Food Packer is responsible for packaging food according to Quality & HACCP standards, and company policies.
- Standing for the full length of shift
- lifting up to 25 lbs (individually or with the buddy system)
- attention to detail regarding product standard: must be aware of non-conforming products within your station.
- pay attention to product being packaged
- packing, boxing, assembling
- checking target weights of products at specific intervals.
- ensure code dates are correct and legible at specific intervals
- stamping and stickering of boxes
- apply/ check tamper evident seals
- read, understand and complete quality paperwork at specific intervals.
- ensure work area is clean and tidy
- packing end of line product into master cases.
- perform job correctly and safely at each station or position
- communicate clearly and respectfully to all employees and visitors.
- clean the line and production area at product line changeovers.
- report out of spec product to lead head or QC personnel
- participate in training as required
- other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- ability to stand in the production are and at the line for the duration of the shift
- demonstrate ability to work safely.
- dependable with respect to attendance
- ability to apply advice and guidance from Lead Hand, Supervisor and HACCP Coordinator
- ability to apply HACCP standards and GMP's to packaging and cleaning methods.
- ability to follow Company policy
- attention to detail
- ability to communicate, speak, write and read in English.
- working in a manufacturing/ dry food blending and packaging /production environment in typical warehouse and plant conditions
Job Type: Full-time
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)