At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
We bring healthier food options to people every day, and our team is driving these efforts to promote a healthier lifestyle best suited for you!
New Routes can take us anywhere, and that is discovering YOU to come on board to join us at UNFI Canada!
The incumbent will report to the Controller and will be responsible for performing full cycle accounting; monthly/ quarterly financial closing including balance sheets, profit and loss activity, journal entries, and reconciliations.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Prepares financial data for input into finance systems, and generates reports; performs calculations using spreadsheet applications.
- Responsible for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Prepares regularly scheduled journal entries, costs reports, analyses, studies, inventories, and financial statements.
- Reviews expenditure and purchasing documents for correctness, and compliance with established procedures.
- Analyzes, reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records and special financial reports.
- Prepares reviews, and processes revenue, expense, and payroll related entries and prepares account reconciliations of intermediate complexity.
- Interacts with other departments regarding finance policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with area personnel and with management.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and/or equivalent related experience and training.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and standard bookkeeping practices.
- Command of ERP systems issues - knowledge of Retalix/Power Enterprise/Power Warehouse is a plus.
- Three to five years of full-cycle accounting experience preferred.
- Retail Food Distribution Experience is preferred.
- Experience with Fixed Assets Authorization Process
- Experience with Sales Agreements (Rebates)
- Knowledge of US GAAP is a plus.
- Account balancing and reconciling skills.
- Comfortable working with large blocks of data.
- Advanced abilities with Excel (pivot tables, lookups, macros).
- Excellent inter-personal skills; able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Agreements (Rebates): 3 years (Required)
- Retail Food Distribution: 3 years (Required)
- Fixed Assets (Authorization Process): 3 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)